- We are at war and to win we need everyone’s immediate cooperation.
- Assume everyone you come in contact with is infected.
- It is everyone’s job to stay home NOW to form a community shield. That is the only weapon we have right now and for it to work, we all have to do it. Be careful with your secretions! Kissing could transmit the virus.
- Before you leave your home, pause and ask: is this essential; does this preserve my life or someone else’s? We must follow scientific reason and not our instincts and routines.
- The PIIC Center is open on a limited basis and mainly to serve our chronic IV patients and infectious emergencies.
- We are still are offering drive thru testing for COVID-19.
It has been a challenging week Jackson and we have only just begun the battle. The enemy is a moving target. I plead with you all to encourage each other to make right choices and this will be Jackson’s finest hour.
Many people have made good choices and here are a few examples:
- Voluntarily businesses, like Headliners, closing before mandated to.
- Cleaning ladies being paid to stay home.
- Volunteers at the hospital making masks to use if supplies dwindle.
- Burger King serving lunch for free to school kids.
- Comcast providing services for free so kids can do online classes.
Does anyone have an idea how to help health care workers with childcare?
We need to get everyone on the same page immediately. We have all experienced a variety of emotions: shock, denial, anger, depression and ultimately we need to accept that life has unexpectedly changed. It is no ones fault and we can’t control it. All we can do is work on controlling our response and model realistic and appropriate behavior.
- This is exploding exponentially. So far, Jackson has five confirmed cases and I am certain there are many more out there. Next week expect ten. The following week one hundred. Possible one thousand the next.
- If we don’t slow this down, we will certainly overwhelm our healthcare system and exhaust our supplies: masks/gloves and healthcare workers.
- It is exploding as each infected person shares the virus with 2-3 other people. They each share it with 2-3 people. By the fourth round, 27 people.
- This is not the flu! At the time of writing this, Italy’s death rate is a staggering 9.5%. It is killing young people too. There is concern that the virus is changing and no one can predict what it will do next.
Our little acts will add up exponentially. Don’t be ignorant. Don’t be selfish. The virus is on our soil. We need to sacrifice. We need to do this now and not prolong the battle.
If you don’t believe me, watch this video from Italy.